Saturday, April 5, 2008

March 31-April 4

Wow, what a whiz banger of a week.  It has been so busy.  No photos for this week unless ya want to see my cards in-which you will have to bounce over to ShyCreations.  Didn't post but one I see.  :)  Others are Mothers Day cards and I'll post them after I mail them.  Can't believe it's already Saturday.  The kids had half days on thursday and friday, making the week seem short??  Weird anyway. :)   Several appointments this week.  One ending with Breanna back in the dentist chair on Thursday next for fillings.  (Oh boy, this should be fun!!)  I got to be diagnosed with plantar fascia-tis.  So mom, here are the exercise recommended to help.  For those who don't care Stop reading :)  He said after 6 months (or was it weeks) I should be pain free.  Yeah!!  Have another appointment in six weeks.  So we will see.  :)  Though I'm not sure this covers all my pain.  

Wake up with a stretch.

Before you get out of bed in the morning, stretch your calf muscles, arch and Achilles tendon by reaching for your toes and gently flexing your foot. This helps reverse the tightening of the plantar fascia that occurs overnight.

Long Sitting Stretch

1) Sit on the floor with your legs stretched out in front of you

2) Loop a towel around the top of your affected foot

3) Pull the towel towards you until a stretch is felt across the bottom of your foot

4) Hold for 30 seconds then relax - repeat 10 times

Achilles Stretch
1) Stand facing a wall and place your hands straight out on the wall
2) Step back with your affected foot keeping it flat on the floor
3) Move the other leg forward and slowly lean in toward the wall
4) Stop when you feel a stretch through the calf
5) Hold for 30 seconds then relax - repeat 10 times

Stair Stretch
1) Stand on a step on the balls for your feet
2) Hold the rail for balance
3) Slowly lower the heel of the injured foot until a stretch is felt
4) Hold for 30 seconds then relax - repeat 10 times

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all your cards. they are so cute. the bathing suit one was the best!!! your other blog wouldn't let me comment so i came back over here. no biggie though.

Shy said...

Ohh I'll see if I can fix that. Thanks it's one of Doug's favorites. :)